More or less 6 months ago I put myself a list of objective to accomplish in KDE, so far these are the results:
- Bluetooth: We’ve been working hard in the last release of BlueDevil (1.1), now we can say that more or less KDE has a good Bluetooth support :)!
- Webcam: Kamoso 2.0 has been released, and with it rock solid support to do the basics such Take a picture, or Record a video.
- XRandR: The job has been started, I’ve in a private repository a fork of xrandrtray libraries, and the “configuration” has been decoupled from the actual XRandR code. More important I have a plan for it now.
- LibSolid Async: Nothing on this area, -10 for me
- Kevin Ottens former maintainer and overlord of Solid is transferring to me the responsibility, challenge accepted!
Zeroconf and Friends:
- Samba has been fixed by rbelem (Rodrigo Belem), there is no place for me there :p
- NFS support has been removed (by rbelem too), it has no place between modern user-land protocols.
- UPnP: The work on UPnP is about to be merged, I haven’t touch a line though I’ve read a lot about it.
- Avahi: KDE Already has a good support for Avahi, though we’ve to improve how we present it to the user. No plans here and I won’t be working on it anytime soon.
- Almost nothing… Though I’m still willing to work on it starting by analyzing the current situation.
I have to say that I’m quite proud of myself though I haven’t accomplish everything I wanted since right now my priority is my “real life” job.
Anyway, next post is going to be about what I’m going to do for the next 6 months… stay tuned!