Since we released 1.0, we’ve been working hard to stabilize BlueDevil as much as possible and after fixing a bunch of bugs in kio_obexftp, now it’s turn for the wizard.
This is the changelog:
- Added support for Bluetooth 2.1 (SSP pairing)
- Do not pair devices that don’t need it
- Better automatic mode (Updated PIN database)
- Randomized the default PIN
- Random PIN of 6 characters, shrink if needed (depending on device)
- Improved the flow for lot of devices
As you can see, there are plenty changes for a minor release and that’s why we need some testing before release BlueDevil 1.0.2
This is already packaged in OpenSuse KDE:Unstable:Playground and to build it from the source you have to:
git clone git://git.kde.org/bluedevil
git checkout stable
cmake ./ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr (well this depends on your installation)
make -j3 install (you will probably need root for this).
If you have arrived here, you’ve got extra credits:
Powered by Blogilo